PATIENTS’ RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES / BILL OF RIGHTS
As a Better Health Supplies, Inc. customer, you have the right to:
- Be fully informed in advance about care/service to be provided, including the disciplines that furnish care and the frequency of visits, as well as any modifications to the plan of care, and the cost or payments for that care
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care.
- Refuse care or treatment after the consequences of refusing care or treatment are fully presented.
- Choose a health care provider, including choosing home medical supplies and equipment supplier and an attending physician.
- Be advised on Better Health’s policies and procedures regarding the disclosure of clinical records.
- Be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
- Be fully informed of one’s responsibilities.
- Receive information about the scope of services that the organization will provide and specific limitations on those services.
Respect, Protection and Grievances
- Have one’s property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of dignity and individuality.
- Be able to identify visiting personnel members through proper identification.
- Be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of patient property.
- Confidentiality and privacy of all Protected Health Information.
- Voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care, lack of respect of property or recommend changes in policy, personnel, or care/service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal; and have those grievances/complaints investigated if necessary.
- Receive appropriate care without discrimination in accordance with physician orders.
As a Better Health Supplies, Inc. customer, you have the responsibility to:
- Provide Better Health with any information needed to send you supplies, submit claims to your insurance and collect payment.
- Sign and return any requested paperwork that allows Better Health to provide you with your medical supplies and bill your insurance; which may include obtaining protected health information from your physician or insurance company.
- Pay any deductibles, co-pays or charges owed by you promptly.
- Inform Better Health of any change in your: place of residence, medical condition, insurance or financial status, physician, or brand of supplies.